Discuss local food, healthy food, food delivery.
This community discussion site has been set up with the aim to assist people helping others get food during these unusual times of coronavirus and covid19, whether volunteers, foodbanks, care workers, or regular restaurants doing take-away.
- Restaurants who can now only provide take out / delivery service
- Other outlets providing food take out / delivery service
- Take-away outlets offering delivery instead of pick-up
- Outlets / supply chain still open
- Food Markets remaining open
- Hungry people looking for food
- Information about online delivery slots at supermarkets
- Volunteers seeking ways to support those who may fall through the cracks of other plans
- Information on food-banks and similar
- Local food gardens
- Plots and allotments
- Find updates & post updates
- Links to other resources, etc.
It is not always clear what should / could be done or how to resolve certain problems.
What is a problem in one area may not be in another but I’m sure there are similarities.
A few people have said to only look after yourself - but what about those who cannot?
The site is structured to help the most number of people collaborate without requiring a lot of layers which would slow it down.
Since starting this I’ve heard some emergency service say they would like to collaborate and learn from other areas’ experiences.
Wiki’s exist for some areas - so collaborate away!
Locations can now be added to topics where appropriate.
Suggestions welcome - in the ‘Site Feedback’ section.